3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How Do I Reset Some Stuff In System Information?

I am thinking that most of the info that appears in System Information is read from the bios.
    There are a couple of line items that would be nice to be able to change.
    One is; System Manufacturer (about 1/3 of the way down), and right below it: System Model
    I have noticed when using a new mobo, these come up with something like: To Be Supplied By Manufacturer, or perhaps the name of the mobo company.
    Other times if I transplant a mobo from another system (eg Antec), even though it may be a Gigabyte or whatever, "Antec" shows up in the system info.

Is there any way to get into a normal bios to make changes to this information? I can't see anything obvious.
    Win 7 HP x 64, and Win 7 Pro x 64, BTW.

Thanks,
    rstew

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    What I've seen is the manufacturer of the motherboard buys the BIOS coded to their specification. Might check with the brand of the BIOS to see if you can recode it for your needs, if so it would be a file used to flash the BIOS to add or change data.

Used to be we could set the manufacturer information as desired in the Properties of My Computer with a text file and an image, something like OEMLogo and OEM Info, but I haven't done it in a number of years. I may still have sample files but may take awhile to find them.

Thanks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to satrow For This Useful Post:

Fascist Nation (2015-06-19)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satrow View Post
    Thanks, that looks like it would work for the Properties screen, but not the System Information screen.
    It looks like I would need to be able to edit the bios file to change what I want, which is probably beyond the scope of what I want to get into!!

rstew

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Might this be what you are looking for ?

http://www.tekrevue.com/tip/customiz...-info-windows/

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinM For This Useful Post:

Fascist Nation (2015-06-19),lumpy95 (2015-06-20),Sudo15 (2015-06-19),wavy (2015-06-19)