Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) 2.1.7.1055 Released.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) v2.1.7.1055 has been released 16-June-2015.

Announcement: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/169387-malwarebytes-anti-malware-update-to-217/#entry969504

As usual, the upgrade will be throttled out.

If you want the upgrade earlier, eventually v2.1.7.1055 will appear at https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam/ but it's not there as this is posted.

Cheers

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1PW For This Useful Post:

lumpy95 (2015-06-18),satrow (2015-06-17),Slorm (2015-06-18),Sudo15 (2015-06-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Still not there, but I'll keep checking now and again.

Thanks
    Hello Sudo15:

My 2nd/lower URL still will currently link to v2.1.6.1022 and will probably remain as such till next week or later. Malwarebytes' staffers will decide.

Systems with v2.1.4.1018 Premium, or better, will receive their upgrade through the throttled process if they have not changed the Update Setting:

i.e. GUI -> Settings -> Update Settings -> Update Options: Check for program updates when checking for database updates - ticked.

If the throttled updates continue to go well, the throttling rate will likely be increased as before. If a MBAM user has Honorary Member forum ranking, or higher, they may always choose to circumvent the throttled upgrade process. Of course I will update this topic thread with any significant events.

HTH

Thanks
    Hello All:

An urgent MBAM2 release (v2.1.8.1057) was made that resolves "a potential crash when scanning that had to do with how we were parsing digital signatures."

The throttled upgrades have been reset. If your system was at v2.1.7.1055 Premium, it will auto-upgrade. If at v2.1.4.1018 Premium, your system will still be queued for the v2.1.8.1057 upgrade.

Cheers
    All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses and if the malware doesn't self replicate it just isn't a virus.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    1PW,

I seem to be stuck at 2.1.6.1022? BTW: I have a lifetime license, 4 to be exact!
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

jwoods
    Sounds like it might be prudent to defer the update for a while when offered.

Thanks
    Once it is offered, accepting it should be quite safe - part of the reason for beta testing and then rolling out the update over a period of time is to catch any bugs quickly and pull/patch test again before going mainstream/public.

jwoods
    Apparently not for version 2.1.7.1055

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwoods View Post
    Apparently not for version 2.1.7.1055
    It was pulled before going mainstream/public. The slow rollout method works well, protecting those 'normal' users that would be less likely to report on, or be able to recognise, a false positive or potential application crash.

MS and many others often follow the same path, staggered rollouts of some patches for a while until the patch is proven and then release it to all.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to satrow For This Useful Post:

1PW (2015-06-19)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    1PW,

I seem to be stuck at 2.1.6.1022? BTW: I have a lifetime license, 4 to be exact!
    Hello RetiredGeek:

I was repeating your exact thoughts till this morning when the upgrade pop-up showed in the first 10 minutes of appearance on the CDN servers. As long as I've been doing this, I had never seen an auto-upgrade. Yes - I too have more than an average amount of Lifetime licenses.

Mine is not the fairest comparison though as my forum privileges permit advanced downloads.

I really do not sense remarkable numbers of issues with versions since 2.1.4 such that I would like to see the distribution throttle opened wider.

Hang in there and I'll update this thread when everyone can do a manual upgrade.

Cheers to all.
    Last edited by 1PW; 2015-06-19 at 20:37.

Thanks
    As promised: Since the cat is out of the bag... 2.1.8.1057 -Full Installer available-

The caveats being the downloaded installer file will not be sent through an encrypted port and it will not have been directly downloaded from a Malwarebytes Corporation contracted server. Yet the sole installer file I tested is signed and the hashes match those of the official download.

I strongly suggest you fully validate this lesser quality of download before using.

Regardless of whether the upgrade/install is then clean or over-the-top, please do an immediate & mandatory restart of the Windows system at the conclusion of the install.

HTH
    Last edited by 1PW; 2015-06-26 at 03:47.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    While it isn't often that I run a scan with my free version of MBAM because of the ~40mins it takes, last night when I was bringing its Definitions up to date, I got the pop up that there was a newer version available and it installed .1057.

I think that when it went from v1.## to v2. I had to do a manual install which I was expecting to do this time as well, so it was a pleasant surprise to have the alert auto as does CCleaner and SAS when they have a version update.

Thanks
    1PW,

I still can't seem to get this update even following the procedure in the link.
    MWB.JPG

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

Laptop Specs

Thanks
    Hello RetiredGeek:

I just re-verified the download's availability a few moments ago and found it to be still functional.

1.) Copy and Paste the full chip.de URL from the code boxed posting to your browser and go.

http://www.chip.de/downloads/Malware..._27322637.html

2.) At the chip.de site, single left-click the "Zum Download" (To Download) box.
    3.) In the next window, single left-click "Download-Server CHIP Online" box.
    4.) The next window should show "Bereit in # Sekunden" (Ready in # second) and the download should have begun.

For added clarity, how far is your process taking you?

HTH
    Last edited by 1PW; 2015-06-26 at 14:53.

Thanks
    1PW,

Thanks I got it. I was trying to get it via the program.
    On Monday we will likely be rolling out 2.1.8 to the website. At this point, we have enough users and we feel it is stable so having it on Chip.de is fine. If you'd like to get your 2.1.8 upgrade, just open 2.1.6 and click Update Now >> once a minute or so and within 2-3 tries you should get it no problem!
    Guess I read that wrong and they really did mean to do that on Monday.

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

Laptop Specs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast