New Lounger
    Thanks

Ethernet Cable Not Recognized

When I boot up my desktop (Win 7 Ultimate SP1) I get the dreaded "Ethernet cable not recognized" message.

I moved the other devices plugged into the router and the only one effected is my desktop. The router works perfect with the other devices and the Wi-Fi. Device Manager shows that the adaptor is operating properly. I've tried new cables, uninstalling and refreshing the device driver, etc. I tried troubleshooting with both my cable company and with the router manufacturer and all hardware seems to work.

If I unplug the cable from the NIC, wait a few moments, and plug the cable back it, it will suddenly recognize the cable and wired internet connection is restored.

Does anyone have a thought on this problem? Crawling behind the desk every time I boot up isn't really an optimal solution

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    "If I unplug the cable from the NIC, wait a few moments, and plug the cable back it, it will suddenly recognize the cable and wired internet connection is restored."

Clean out the Ethernet connector to the NIC with electronic grade compressed air; go easy on it
    Double check the NIC's connections; I would remove it, and securely snap it back in.
    --- Use electronic grade compressed air on the NIC's PCI connector and make sure the gold contacts on the NIC are clean also

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    It seems that the network card is not powering up correctly.
    Have you tried a BIOS reset?

cheers, Paul

jwoods
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkhuna View Post
    If I unplug the cable from the NIC, wait a few moments, and plug the cable back it, it will suddenly recognize the cable and wired internet connection is restored.

Does anyone have a thought on this problem? Crawling behind the desk every time I boot up isn't really an optimal solution
    Have you tried replacing the NIC?