New Lounger
    Thanks

Microsoft Outlook 2010

Sometimes when checking mail outlook 2010 pops up asking for my user name and password, it is already saved in my profile. Been putting up for this for about 1 year now and cannot find any answer that works.

Thanks

jwoods
    It sounds like Outlook loses connectivity with the mail server.

Is this a home computer, or a business computer connected to a MS Exchange server?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    That happens when, for some reason, the server stops responding. It is a frequent occurrence with Outlook. With some email accounts, it can get terribly annoying. For example, yahoo is horrible on this respect. With an old yahoo account of mine, there are periods where it happens multiple times a day for several days.

I fear there is really nothing you can do about it. Just close the dialog that offers to re-input the details and wait for the problem to be solved.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Home Computer not connected to a MS Exchange server.

Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks maybe office 2016 will address this problem!

jwoods
    You might check the Event Logs to see if Windows has logged any errors relating to Outlook.

Confirm that the UserID and Password you have stored in your profile is correct. You might try changing the password.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johncv View Post
    ...outlook 2010 pops up asking for my user name and password, it is already saved in my profile...
    Have seen that problem on several customers' computers. Going into account settings and re-entering the password and making sure the "save password" checkbox is ticked has usually worked.

Entering the password into the pop-up prompt might allow once-off access but too often the password prompt re-appears.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.