Thread: Google Drive

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Google Drive

I have been using Google Drive for cloud backup along with my on site backup. But I have noticed that it isn't backing up all the folders I had on it and not consistent with those that it does. Some file are current, some haven't been backed up for awhile and some not at all. I have a Toshiba laptop with 8.1, Office 13. I use F drive for my data files and have a folder titled Google My Docs Sync and in there are the folders to be backed up. I notice that Google then puts a folder on C drive with different folders in the file. Not sure how to deal with this, not getting much info from Google. I am paying $2 a month for extra storage so would like to utilize this.

jwoods
    You might review the 3 cloud storage options Google offers...

https://cloud.google.com/storage/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jwoods For This Useful Post:

oldgeezer75 (2015-07-25)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That appears to be more enterprise related. They ask for a company name specifically. I have gave up on Drive for now. If I can't trust it to back up as expected, then it is of no value. I am going to get an external harddrive and just use it to backup once a day. Not sure if software comes with that or not. I am presently using flash drives and having good luck with that, have had to do one restore and good results.