Astroturfing spammer.
    Thanks

Can't open .pst file in Office 2003

I have a client that copied his .pst files from his C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\ folder, burned it to a DVD, and then deleted the files on his C: drive. Now we cannot restore the files back to his computer using Import and Export or File>Open>Outlook Data File in Outlook 2003. The error message is either "Access is denied" or "The .pst file is not a personal folders file". After I coped the file back to his desktop, I checked the attributes of the .pst file and "Archive" is the only flag that is set. I have tried the scanpst.exe utility but it says "The repair tool does not recognize the file, and no information could be recovered". Also, this file was copied from a machine running XP Pro and Office 2003. Any ideas?? This data is critical to the client.

Thanks
    Download Free Commander

http://freecommander.com/en/downloads/

Find and highlight the file. Press shift + enter to bring up the attributes/timestamp window. Tick Set Attributes and deselect Archive. Click Run.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Access denied indicates the file is read only or the permission makes it read only. Check that you have write access to the folder where the data is stored. Change the security on the PST to make yourself the owner.

cheers, Paul

Super Moderator
    Thanks

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    All we need is for Horace to answer here and he'll have the treble!

cheers, Paul