Thread: Build 10147

Thanks

Build 10147

I saw a write (several actually) on this build. Anybody have any experience with it? Also, IF I were to install it, and, let's say, that the Windows Update had Build 10145, would the update leave the later build, or overwrite it?

10147.0.150613-1600.FBL_IMPRESSIVE_CLIENTPRO-CORE_OEMRET_X64FRE_EN-US.ISO

https://openload.io/f/pKkZIE4SjoY/

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    If you have Build 10147 installed you should not be offered Build 10145. The updates you are offered should be the most current and apply to what you have installed. I haven't seen the official Build 10147 yet.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    That last official release for the PC is build 10130. Anything else would be an unsupported leaked build. As such you are on your own. I'd be very leery of every download of a leaked build.

In answer to your update question, if you have a later build installed Windows Update should not offer you an earlier build.

Joe

Thanks
    Joe / Berton;

I've got enough going on right now with another issue. I was just sorta wondering...

Thanks,
    Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    If you have Build 10147 installed you should not be offered Build 10145. The updates you are offered should be the most current and apply to what you have installed. I haven't seen the official Build 10147 yet.
    Berton,

That is because 10147 is a leaked, unofficial Build. Even Fast Track has not yet received a(nother) new, official, Build since 10130.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 43839

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello, Drew.
    This leaked version, 10147, runs fine on my 64-bit machine. The 32-bit version is another story ! I have D/L'd it twice, tried to install on two different Toshiba, twice each, and after a while, it would restore the previous version, 10130.
    It looked like it was going fine but at the "second boot, transferring data (?)", it would quit. Nothing lost but the personal pride. I first had the 10147.iso on a USB key but after it quit twice, I made a DVD of the .iso but again twice, it would not succeed, neither Toshiba would find joy. So, I will wait for the official issue, I got too keen but luckily not burned.

I wanted to notify the site but I did not want to leave a track by signing in.

All best wishes. Jean.