New Lounger
    Thanks

my start menu is missing an 'arrow'

Hello,

Please see attached screenshot.

For some reason Word has an arrow next to it but Excel doesn't. Is there some way to make it happen?

Please note than in Excel if I goto Recent Documents, that does indeed exist. So I dont think that's the issue.

Thanks!

Excel.png

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There are many possible causes for the absence of the arrow

I hope you don't mind a roundabout way of finding your particular solution: I'd Google for Excel 2010 Jump List missing plus whatever else is relevant eg your Windows version. You should find the solution relevant to you fairly easily.

jwoods

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwoods View Post
    Yes I posted somewhere else a month before this but that answer didnt help much and I wanted to try out this forum anyway so I re-posted. Was that wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinM View Post
    There are many possible causes for the absence of the arrow

I hope you don't mind a roundabout way of finding your particular solution: I'd Google for Excel 2010 Jump List missing plus whatever else is relevant eg your Windows version. You should find the solution relevant to you fairly easily.
    I tried that. Unfortunately didnt have much luck. There's plenty of hits but nothing that solved my problem. It seems like most of these issues related to the jump list not showing up in Excel in the first place, not regarding the Start menu. Which is annoying.

Btw just so I'm clear what exactly is the Jump List, does it only relate to the Start menu, or any program's recent documents list? Google answers this of course but the answers arent entirely consistent.