New Lounger
    Thanks

WIFI drop outs

I'll start with my set up. OS win 8.1
    Adapter Netgear A6200

Modem Netgear CG3000 supplied by ISP
    Set up One. Router Netgear R6300 Set on 5G
    Setup two. New Router Nighthawk X6 AC R8000 (driver updated) 3200 Triband

Printer HP Officejet Pro 8600plus driver updated for 8.1 wifi connected. No problems here.

The R6300 works no problems. I shut down PC overnight it reconnects to the R6300 when I boot up next morning.

The R8000 I have set it up manually for 5G and also tried Smart connect for triband wifi. It works no problems.

Now for the problem when I shut down the computer or try the restart setting the the pc doesn't connect to the R8000 if I shut down over night the same would happen I have to reset up my wifi each time. I cannot find the problem any ideas anyone ? Thanks in advance.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Is the R6300 still turned on when this occurs?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The R6300 isn't connected with Setup two. I'm trying to set up a completely new wifi connection with the R8000. The R6300 is replaced by the R8000. Regards

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    OK. I understand your issue to be having to setup Wi-Fi on the PC each time you boot. Are you running as a member of the administrative group? Are you telling Windows to connect automatically each time?

Joe

Thanks
    On the new HP laptop that I just bought with an Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260, I had the same problem and had to go into the property's for the adapter and check a box for it to connect to the SSID every time whether the SSID was broadcast or not. I don't remember exactly how I got there and I'm not on the laptop now so you may want to start looking around in Network and Sharing center, that's where I found the solution. I realize this is a bit vague but it's a good place to start since that's where I found my solution.
    HTH

Update: Go to Network and Sharing Center, left click on wireless connection, click on wireless propertys.
    wireless conn.JPG
    Last edited by lumpy95; 2015-07-04 at 18:15.