2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Keyboard stops working

I have Windows 8.1 Pro on a computer with 16 GB of memory and a 512 GB SSD. The mouse and keyboard are Logitech wireless. yesterday the keyboard stopped working. A menu popped up asking if I wanted to activate a Filter concerning key being held down too long. I answered "Yes" and everything stopped working as far as key commands. I kept working with the keyboard by changing batteries. No go. I held the Shift key down for several seconds. No go. I punched the Shift key 5 to 8 times. It started working again. Today the same thing happened but nothing would work in getting it started again. I changed out 3 keyboards and none of them would work. I rearranged the USB plugin to another USB location. Still no go. After about an hour or so, it started working again or i would not be able to type all this out. I Googled this question and tried the things suggested, but they didn't seem to help. What do i still need to look for?

Thanks
    What's the make/model of keyboard and mouse?

Have you tried uninstalling driver/software package and then reinstalling it?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    RHawk,

Since it is a Logitech keyboard/mouse you should uninstall the SetPoint software, reboot and you should be running with the generic MS drivers. If everything now works you can download the latest SetPoint version from the Logitech website and reinstall. HTH
    Last edited by RetiredGeek; 2015-07-03 at 11:53.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rhawk36 View Post
    the keyboard stopped working. A menu popped up asking if I wanted to activate a Filter concerning key being held down too long. I answered "Yes" and everything stopped working as far as key commands.
    I have had that happen in Windows after holding the Shift key down too long while thinking, but then a reboot always gets things back to where they were.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. Downloaded and installed Setpoint and things seem to work OK. I also was able to unplug one of the two Logitech gadgets that hooked the mouse and keyboard to the computer.