Thread: Web Toolbar

New Lounger
    Thanks

Web Toolbar

Does anyone know anyway you can permanently disable the Web toolbar in Word 97? I turn it off using View/Toolbars but it reappears whenever I skip to another part of the document by clicking a cross reference or page number in the TOC. Very annoying it is.

Thanks

Re: Web Toolbar

Yes, with a macro or an Add-In. Both are discussed at:
    http://www.addbalance.com/word/webtoolbar.htm.

Hope this helps.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

Super Moderator
    Thanks

A non-macro alternative, which stops short of permanently disabling the Web toolbar, is to use Tools>Customize and drag all of the items off of the Web toolbar. (And as an alternative to Tools>Customize, you can use the Add or Remove Buttons feature to remove (hide) all of the toolbar items.)

This will leave a small empty toolbar 'stub' which you can permanently park in some unused space among the other toolbars (if you have any unused space!).

This approach may be better if you do occasionally want to use the Web toolbar, but want to avoid the annoyance of having it pop up every time.

To quickly restore its function if you ever needed it, you can use the Add or Remove Buttons feature (Word 2000 only), to restore some or all of the items on the toolbar.

Thanks

The Add-In is better yet. It's default is to have the Web Toolbar inactive but it allows the user to turn it on.

I wish that Word had the equivalent to Alt-arrow key so that when I click on a link and go there I could go back. I guess Shift-F5 does much the same thing.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin