Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Downloading 10159

That's correct, not 10158, 10159. I'll post more as I learn more.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    It's downloading for me now.

Thanks
    Installed and running. The new Welcome screen is a surprise (don't know if it's the surprise) and I like it. "Settings is back on the Menu, the notifications area is not so crowded anymore.

Perhaps they've been there all along, but I just noticed jump lists for some of the Menu items; a little > to the side. Still lots of exploring to do, but what I see so far is a bit tidier.

No more Project Spartan. It's now officially Edge, with a new icon and everything. And the Favorites Bar can now be customized; you can put things where you want them, and they stay there.
    Last edited by bbearren; 2015-06-30 at 22:08.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    The notification area has returned to its cluttered self. Settings can be launched from the notification area or the Menu. Still not there yet, it would seem.

Edge is a good bit smoother now, most of the jerky scrolling seems to be under control. I don't think 10159 is ready for prime time. My customizations of the Favorites Bar slipped back to their alphabetical order overnight. I've moved them again.

Also, Edge is wanting to open full screen again. I keep resetting the size; I'll see how long it takes for it to remember this time.

Unleash Windows

Banned Member
    Thanks
    I had an entry in here about 10159. Guess it was removed. There is a lot in this one that showed up in 10158.

Can now, as of 10158, rip individual sites out of Tabbed browsing, the same as IE. There 1 major glitch in 59 that was ok in 58... If you tell a site or New Tab to Move to new window (so it can then be moved to another (Multiple) Desktop, it produces a (sort of) blank page that does, gives, allows nothing. I've already, reported it; not sure, may go back to 58 because of it.

Sure weird where my entry about 10159 went.

I made a Sig, again, even though I'm not impressed w/ where it goes BUT, how do I change the Permissions for inserting an image w/ the Sig? It's @ "No", presently.

Oh & I finally broke down & changed things so I muck about w/ Cortana. May as well. Not that that's peculiar to this Build. Change the Region in my Windows Phone, too, so Cortana would work in it, as well. Why not try it a little...

Oh & also, Edge can, now, have a Home Page icon. > (Edge's) Settings > Advanced settings & @ the top move the switch to ON.

Now Search can have web results shut off.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-07-01 at 09:07.

Thanks
    Edge still has no easy way to edit the order of Bookmarks.

Jerry

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    Edge still has no easy way to edit the order of Bookmarks.

Jerry
    Is there any way? Think the Favorites Bar just does alphabetical. Still, can't Rename them, either or Open in new window.

But, there can be a Home Page icon, now.

Made a Sig, for the 2nd time only this time can't put a picture w/ it Wish someone knew how to fix that...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Surprise

Think the surprise is that edge is even worse than before.
    ‎5000 years ago, Moses said 2 Israel, "Pick up your shovels, mount your asses & camels, & I will lead you 2 the Promised Land." When Welfare was introduced, Roosevelt said, "Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, & light up a Camel, this is the Promised Land." Now the government has stolen your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the price of Camels & mortgaged the Promised Land to China

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned Member
    Thanks
    What Edge are you using? Worse in what ways or how? See a lot of progress, finesse & added/improved functions in the Edge I have. Also (compared to IE) reliable (stable) and fast(er), at least, for the Edge I have.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Hey Y'all,

I'm set for Fast Ring but I can't seem to get 10159 to download stuck on 10158.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    You might not get 10159 since 10162 has been released, just finished getting it.

Thanks
    Berton,

Found the problem...
    foundproblem.JPG
    Guess I'll have to download the ISO or switch. This is new as I've received other build updates w/o problem!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

Laptop Specs

Thanks
    RG, from http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwin...review-builds/

Microsoft Account notifications

If you don’t have your Microsoft Account (MSA) connected to your PC, starting in the next build you’ll start seeing notifications asking you to do so. You’ll need to connect the MSA that you registered for the Windows Insider Program with (and accepted the “Microsoft Windows Insider Program Agreement”) in order to continue receiving new Windows 10 Insider Preview builds (both Fast and Slow rings) from Windows Update. If you already have your MSA connected to your account on your PC, then you’re all set. We’re introducing new infrastructure in Windows Update to help us deliver new builds more effectively to Windows Insiders, and ensure that we’re flighting builds to people who have registered and opted in to the program. Connecting your MSA also allows seamless access to Windows Insider-only functionality in the Windows Feedback app and Insider Hub too.
    Jerry

Thanks
    Jerry,

Just got done switching & verifying, via email, checked settings to make sure on Fast track, shutdown, boot and still no updates!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

Laptop Specs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast