New Lounger
    Thanks

Samsung Notebook Battery Weirdness

My wife has a two year old Samsung notebook. Recently when she unplugged it the machine cut off, even though the battery said 79% charged (it wouldn't charge any further). I figured that the battery was bad so I bought another one from Amazon.

This one charges to 100% percent and does exactly the same thing. I'm perplexed but think there's something going on with the motherboard that won't let it use battery juice, even if Windows 8.1 says it's 100% charged.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Robert

Thanks
    Remove the battery and clean the laptop's metallic battery contacts.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Rubbing alchohol?

Thanks
    Yeah, rubbing alcohol should work fine.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I doubt cleaning will make any difference as the new battery reports 100% charge. I'd be contemplating a new laptop, or leave it connected to the charger.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I cleaned the contacts on the Samsung and on both the old and new batteries. The notebook still won't turn on unless it's connected to AC power.

Any other ideas?

And thanks, Paul, I've thought about buying her a new one as this probably isn't worth repairing.

Robert