3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Skype has been added to Hotmail

Just yesterday there was a pop-up that said Skype would be added to my e-mail account. Actually it wasn't so much a request pop-up as a full-screen window with no options. And then there was some message about adding my e-mail contacts to my Skype account, or maybe the other way around, and a Skype icon too. I assumed that this was merely a nuisance, that there'd be some option to remove this intrusive and arrogant addition because there's no way I'd ever import my e-mail contacts into Skype, I can't even imagine why anyone would. I e-mail many more people and companies than I'd ever want to call. But I haven't found a way to do it.

Anyone know?

David

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I use Hotmail but not Skype and didn't get any message about it.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I think they're only linked rather than imported, and this says they can be unlinked (once!):

How do I unlink my Skype account from my Microsoft or Facebook accounts?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for that link. I followed the instructions and found the account settings. The instructions say "If the account has Not linked as an option rather than Unlink, it means your Facebook or Microsoft account isn't currently linked to your Skype account. But it is linked because when I logged into Skype I got a message saying, "It looks like you've come from Hotmail." But I had not, I simply logged in to Skype. If the accounts were not linked in some way then Skype should have had no way of knowing anything about my Hotmail account.

I have no social media accounts, never will have, I don't tweet, twitter or blog. I don't "like" anything or anybody. I don't share anything, ever, but I am constantly being urged to fill in profiles, get Facebook, move my files to "The Cloud", and share, share, share. I have no interest in what so-called friends are doing, or where they're going, what they're buying, or watching, or listening to. Nor do I believe they give a toss what I'm doing. When a company wants you to join, to post, to share, the only thing they're interested in is your data. That's why I think this linking Skype with Hotmailnd Facebook is sinister, if it wasn't there would been an option to opt in rather than have to find some way of opting out.

David