New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Windows 10 say's its connected to wifi but there is no internet connection?

Just installed windows 10 preview(vr. 10074) on my toshiba satellite C55t-A, it saying its connected to my Wifi router but it doesn't seem like it is? because its not connecting to any websites and when I run Ipconfig on the laptop, no connections really show up? I have tried a few thing's I've read from doing a google search about the problem but I am unable to get the internet working

New Lounger
    Thanks
    also my laptop has a built in card called a Realtek RTL8188EE wireless lan(also when I click on the card its showing its not connected to IPv4 & IPv6?) Im hoping this info helps?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Is the wifi card set up to automatically detect the settings (DHCP)?

cheers, Paul

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Have you tried switching the router off for a couple of mins with the cables disconnected.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Also posted on TechNet: Windows 10 say's its connected to wifi but there is no internet connection?

And IGN: need help with Windows 10, say's its connected to wifi but there is no internet connection?

Please see Rule 14. (Build 10074 is two months old and there have been five builds released since then.)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    Also posted on TechNet: Windows 10 say's its connected to wifi but there is no internet connection?

And IGN: need help with Windows 10, say's its connected to wifi but there is no internet connection?

Please see Rule 14. (Build 10074 is two months old and there have been five builds released since then.)

sorry for crossing posting, but i'm trying to get as much help as possible and i didn't think it would hurt? My bad, also I didn't know there where five other builds released since then since that's the build it downloaded for me for what ever reason>?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Erik, greets.
    Try to "see" your route by typing this in your browser : 192.168.0.1

It should come up with your router control facility. This would eliminate 1/2 of the uncertainty. All best wishes, Jean.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    This has been solved on Technet

Pity the OP didn't mention it here.

cheers, Paul