Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Need WordPress help: text-box sizing

Someone started to redesign my personal site in WP.
    They gouged me and also abandoned me.

I can't modify a form (using Contact-Form-7) this person started. I'm trying to change the text field widths within the form code.
    I can't do it.

The fixed width setting must be controlled somewhere in the CSS file or the Contact-Form-7/modules...but for the life of me I don't know where to look, what to look for, and how to change it.

Can anyone help me on this?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    It's never a good thing to change the original CSS. Any update of the plugin and there go your changes.

Many WordPress installations have a way to specify CSS independently of any module. This may depend on the template or plugins you have installed. JetPack is one of the plugins that adds a specific CSS add-on module, where you can specify any CSS you want, which will work according to priority of the CSS rules.

My advice would be to see if you have a module that supports defining CSS or install JetPack. Then use a browser such as Chrome, with the dev tools, or Firefox with Firebug, find the css that applies to the text boxes that you want to format and apply the new rules to them, using whatever CSS module you have installed.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your comment, Rui...I wish it helped solve my problem. I still have NO clue what I'm looking for.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Actually, you should be able to format the form without resorting to CSS. If you choose Plugins, then FS Contact Form, on the left menu, you will be led to the list of forms available on your site.

If you choose Styles from the top tabs, you can actually control the CSS for the form, by changing any of the available values. Of course, it still requires you to know a bit about CSS to change them.

Capture.JPG
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a partially created form (was done before the person who created it gouged me).
    But, I cannot change the text box field width nor can I insert a line break so that some of the fields are on their own separate lines.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Maybe you should delete it and start again?
    Rui
    -------
    R4