Thread: Net meeting

New Lounger
    Thanks

Net meeting

I have a dual boot WINMe and XP Pro. Net meeting works fine in Me but in XP I have to disable the firewall to receive the other person and My audio tests out ok but nothing is sent. What do I need to do to adjust the firewall to use netmeeting and trouble shoot the voice.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Net meeting

Are you using the built in XP firewall? I've found that it is terribly painful to configure, and I prefer to download and use the free version of <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.Zonelabs.com/>ZoneAlarm</A> instead.

If you disable the XP firewall it works normally?
    -Mark

Lounger
    Thanks

The firewall probably isn't configured correctly by default if you can get it to function with the firewall disabled. See the attachment for some basic configuration on the firewall for ports that have to be open for the firewall to work. NetMeeting runs on the H.323 protocol, and there's documentation all over for that if you do a search on the internet. This blurb of documentation is from the NetMeeting resource kit.
    Attached Files Attached Files

soapytwo

Hi: Using XP PRO. Netmeeting worked great with Win98 SE. Now it crashes my machine with XP.
    I don't have the "internet connection firewall" checked on the advanced tab.
    Got any suggestions? thanks!