Super Moderator
    Thanks

ISOs available for build 10162

Although just yesterday the Windows Blog said not until next week, 10162 ISO is now available: Download Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO

Ken Kashmarek
    I have download the ISO file for build 10162, burned it to DVD, and installed the new level from my existing build 10130 system (booted into Win10, ran setup.exe from the DVD). The download was 3.8 gig.

Prior to running setup.exe, went to settings and installed all (only 1) updates.

Normally, my computer (64-bit workstation, i5 with 4 cores, 3.1 ghz, 6 gig memory) boots using the Win8.1Pro boot manager with Win10TP as the #2 item in the boot manager list.

There were 3 direct reboots during the install process. By direct, I mean the reboot at each stage of the install did not go through the boot manager but to the next step of the Win10 install sequence.

This started at 10:53 and ended at 11:14 with the reboot returning to the boot manager, but now it was the Win10 boot manager (Win8.1Pro was now #2 in the boot manager list).

Please take note of this screen presented after the install was complete:

IMG_6655_1.JPG

Pay attention to the item labeled "advertising id". If you accept the defaults for fast setup, you become part of the data collection that Microsoft will use to market your information to other (share, sell, or give away). Windows 10 and all the hoopla that goes with it appears to essentially be a Microsoft marketing campaign.

Someone else on the web posted the key they got when they went through this process. My key is different, and will not be the key when the production release is installed.

So far so good.

Ken Kashmarek
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Kashmarek View Post
    I have download the ISO file for build 10162, burned it to DVD, and installed the new level from my existing build 10130 system (booted into Win10, ran setup.exe from the DVD). The download was 3.8 gig.

Prior to running setup.exe, went to settings and installed all (only 1) updates.

Normally, my computer (64-bit workstation, i5 with 4 cores, 3.1 ghz, 6 gig memory) boots using the Win8.1Pro boot manager with Win10TP as the #2 item in the boot manager list.

There were 3 direct reboots during the install process. By direct, I mean the reboot at each stage of the install did not go through the boot manager but to the next step of the Win10 install sequence.

This started at 10:53 and ended at 11:14 with the reboot returning to the boot manager, but now it was the Win10 boot manager (Win8.1Pro was now #2 in the boot manager list).

Please take note of this screen presented after the install was complete:

IMG_6655_1.JPG

Pay attention to the item labeled "advertising id". If you accept the defaults for fast setup, you become part of the data collection that Microsoft will use to market your information to other (share, sell, or give away). Windows 10 and all the hoopla that goes with it appears to essentially be a Microsoft marketing campaign.

Someone else on the web posted the key they got when they went through this process. My key is different, and will not be the key when the production release is installed.

So far so good.
    In the previous message, change 10:53 to 10:31. My bad.