Thanks

Too many accounts

I get (sorta) that Hotmail has transitioned to Outlook.com -- except, I ca still log into Windows 10 using my Hotmail account -- and my Outlook.com account -- AND my Windows Insider account, but not e-mail, since now Hotmail is Outlook.com?

So, in short, I am disorganized perhaps and confused certainly.

I signed up the the "10" Preview using my Hotmail account -- so, if I am understanding things as of the moment, that will be the account that I will use when "10" goes live on the 29th. But I don't receive e-mail there, because it actually is now Outlook.com.

AND, I wanted to "organize" my passwords for those accounts, but how do I change the Hotmail account?

This is seeming to me a great deal like the old skit "Who's on first?"

It seems at the moment that the way Win-7 did it was a good deal easier to navigate and work with than this "New and Improved" method.

So:

Do I just delete my Hotmail account -- from Windows login and as an e-mail address -- and where does one do that, on the net?

And / but, since THAT account was my intro to the 10-Preview, do I need to keep it till after the 29th?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Chuck, I'm trying not to catch your confusion... like trying not to catch someone's cold, LOL.

Hell, I'll take a stab...

Once upon a time you created an E-mail account (& P/W). It was/is used to log into your OS/computer. Hotmail.com changed to Outlook.com and that is just what I will can a 'mail handler' & addresses (accounts) can be in it. Even though its URL changed your original MS Account doesn't/didn't. One can create (Add) new (E-mail) accounts but, not delete the original. The original is what you keep using as your MS Acc't.

Confused, yet?

Oh cr@p.... can someone, PLEASE, fix or fix w/ my input, if needed, my Sig. Geeesh. Thanks in advance. Was, ok, but, alas... (sigh)
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-07-03 at 16:14.

Thanks
    NOW I DO need a drink!

SO...I keep the Hotmail account -- even though it is in repose at present -- as the account I'll need to...what? Get the Win-10 on the 29th...and then what?

My e-mail I'll do through Outlook.con...jsut because.

And so where, Drew, do I change or check my Hotmail password? I see where I can change the Outlook.com password, but the Hotmail, since I can't log into it...?

Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"