Star Lounger
    Thanks

windows 7 not starting next scheduled backup once computer restarted after shutdown

I use Windows 7 Backup, and have set a daily backup schedule. If the computer is shutdown at the scheduled time, backup scheduler does not wait for next scheduled backup and instead re-sets the schedule to 12/30/1899, so the backup does not run until I fix the schedule each time this happens. Is there a way to fix this?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Try the solution at post #16 of this thread; configuring the task for Windows 7 instead of Vista: Windows 7: Next backup date shows as 12/30/1899 12:00 AM

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I read that thread earlier. I have the same problem on two laptops. On one, task scheduler shows the backup task as scheduled, though this problems occurs also. On the other laptop, task scheduler does not show anything. On both I have always set up the backup schedule from the Backup and Restore window.
    Looking at task scheduler in the laptop where it shows, I changed the configuration as suggested in that thread. Then I set the schedule for a short time later and shut down the laptop so it is shut down when the scheduled time passes.A bit later I turned on the laptop and checked the backup schedule: it now shows 12/30/1899 and indicates that the last scheduled backup did not run. This solution did not make any difference.
    On the other laptop, even though I have set the backup schedule in the Backup and Restore window, it does not show in task scheduler, all hidden schedules visible.
    Other solutions?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Have you tried creating a manual task that runs the backup job instead of doing it via Windows Backup?

cheers, Paul

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    Have you tried creating a manual task that runs the backup job instead of doing it via Windows Backup?

cheers, Paul
    On the laptop where tasl scheduler did not show anything, I set up the backup task copying it from the other laptop. The shut down, etc. No difference. Is this what you mean by creating a manual task?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Have you tried running the schedule from the command line using the command in your schedule? this will confirm that the backup works.
    Check the eventlog for the time your schedule should run. There should be details about the task.

cheers, Paul

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

Fascist Nation (2015-07-06)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    Have you tried running the schedule from the command line using the command in your schedule? this will confirm that the backup works.
    Check the eventlog for the time your schedule should run. There should be details about the task.

cheers, Paul
    I am not sure how to do what you suggest. I think the command line you refer to is %systemroot%\system32\rundll32.exe which I entered after the command prompt C:\ but nothing happened.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Kenny,

The command you want is:
    C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /run /tn "YOUR TASK NAME HERE"

HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs