Thread: merge accounts

New Lounger
    Thanks

merge accounts

Hello...I have two user accounts on my computer and I want to merge them together. However I want to make sure I do not lose information, apps, games, etc. when I do this. I don't suppose the information will be allocated to the one account left if I delete the other (this would be too easy)? Do I need to copy everything and if so what and how do I copy? thanks!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by david694 View Post
    Hello...I have two user accounts on my computer and I want to merge them together. However I want to make sure I do not lose information, apps, games, etc. when I do this. I don't suppose the information will be allocated to the one account left if I delete the other (this would be too easy)? Do I need to copy everything and if so what and how do I copy? thanks!!
    Yes that would be too easy ,I have two accounts also and just done a test. I copied photos to a SD card then signed into my other account and then I was able to move the photos to that account. This is not perfect but suitable for important photos and documents you just can't afford to lose. Maybe do a system Image.... Control Panel/Recovery/File History(bottom left corner)/System Image. I never had luck with system image my self and had to use Macrium Reflect Free which was easy to use. If you have a back up of the account you delete I'm sure someone can advice how to put it onto the account you have left remaining.
    Also if you are on WIN 8 File History will back up your files. That is Control Panel/File history (bottom left) Pete
    Last edited by KIWIpeteW; 2015-07-06 at 19:14.