Star Lounger
    Thanks

windows 10, windows live, migrating my email?

if I have windows 10 home (I have insider edition, I can test this) -
    what will be the email program they use; I currently use windows live, and am interested in how to migrate all the emails to windows 10, keeping subfolders, etc, per user account
    thans

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    Go to Start | All Programs | Mail. That is the supplied mail client.

Are you using the WLM client in Win10 now?

Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    have not tried the mail client yet.
    will experiment with this
    thanks
    nick

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    I've only used Outlook for a couple of decades. So, I can't address the migration needs for your situation.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The included mail client in Windows 10 seems to be pretty rudimentary, I would say a few steps back from Windows Live Mail. You will have to export everything from Live and then, if it can be done, import it into the 10 mail client. Personally I plan on staying with Live Mail initially until I see how the new mail client gets improved.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Like Joe, I am also on Outllook. The companies that I work for expect to be able to send meeting invites from their Outlook to my mail / calendar. And of course I would have to transfer mail / contacts, appointments etc. to win 10. Has anyone tried either of these?

Also I use MessageExport to move mail to files, and Kies to sync to Outlook to android (though Kies does a very poor job of this for me.) Anyone seen if these will work under 10?

Banned Member
    Thanks
    I, also, use Outlook (Office 365). Everything is consistent in it whether I'm w/ it in 8.1 or Windows 10. Of course, one can use Outlook.com. I did try the Store Mail APP, a little, just to give it a 'taste'. As soon as the Accounts were configured it immediately produced all the same folders, et al as in Outlook. Don't misunderstand, not saying functionality is identical but, the Mail APP didn't seen too bad... but, as I said, I didn't work w/ it for a long time, just was part of striving to investigate lots of stuff & things just for familiarity's sake & or just out of interest..

Oh & all the calendars sync nicely... Store Calendar, Outlook Calendar, Calendar in Windows Phone, et al.

Didn't really have to transfer anything, per se. Was just all 'there' once the Accounts were configured.
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-07-28 at 18:35.