Thread: Mouse lockup

New Lounger
    Thanks

Mouse lockup

Recently my mouse has been locking up after several minutes. Running Windows 8.1, mouse is wired. Have tried different USB ports. Also ran troubleshooter which said it did one fix, but problem continued. Only solution has been to reboot. I am having the same mouse lockup on a second PC running Windows 8.1 with a wireless mouse, tired the same fixes with no success. Has anyone else experienced the same problem recently?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Same mouse, same problem on two PCs, mouse has gone to god, or is visiting on occasion. Time for a new mouse.

cheers, Paul

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    No Paul - one wired mouse and one wireless mouse.

@ DBG have you tried swapping them over to see if they have the same problems with different machines ?

I had a Logitech wireless mouse that I had to keep pulling the USB and reinserting it - took it back under warranty and haven't had any problems since - but on Win 7 machines.

One thing to check with a wireless mouse and that is the eye on the underside is clean.

One thing I've found with Logitech mice is that the battery doesn't seem to be as tight a fit as I would expect and that being dislodged to give a bad contact is another reason for the mouse failing to work.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2015-07-08 at 04:04.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    The problem can be read both ways.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    I also noticed the same unfortunate wording in the OP "I am having the same mouse lockup on a second PC", but understood OP was not talking about the same hardware mouse but about the same lockup issue.

Probably some program OP has installed (whether intentionally or inadvertently) on both computers is causing the mouse problems. OP should run some AV/AS/AM scans to remove any baddies.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coochin View Post
    I also noticed the same unfortunate wording in the OP "I am having the same mouse lockup on a second PC", but understood OP was not talking about the same hardware mouse but about the same lockup issue.

Probably some program OP has installed (whether intentionally or inadvertently) on both computers is causing the mouse problems. OP should run some AV/AS/AM scans to remove any baddies.

Yup maybe same malware. Do a backup!!
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.