New Lounger
    Thanks

Data backup solution at cheap cost. Suggestions please.

Hi all,
    I am in need of finding a data backup service. It is not for my personnel use. My college professor asked me to find a data backup solution for our college blog. He asked me to find a cheap solution that has limited storage but having high security. I found lot of companies in Google but most of them offer same service for different pricing plans. So I found it is hard to choose one among them. Do you guys have any suggestions? There is also a company called Storagepipe that offers such service in Toronto. I think they are cloud based company. I don't have any idea about their pricing plans. I am looking for some advice.

Thanks
    I am not going to offer a suggestion but to speed things up you might want the state the amount of storage you require.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Also, please define what you mean by "high security". How do you want to perform a backup? Do you need multiple versions of backup? How cheap?

Joe

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Assuming your blog is web based we need to know what software you use for the blog. Is it Wordpress etc? Is it coded manually?
    We also need to know where you want to store the backup, in the cloud or locally?

I think the cheapest and most secure method would be an encrypted portable hard drive.

cheers, Paul