3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

New Macrium Reflect 6.0 Free is causing this issue -- suggestions?

Ok, I installed the new version of Reflect. One feature I like is that it can create a boot recovery menu.
    I did this and in fact I tested it. It made me reboot and upon reboot it gave me the choice of booting from W7 or from Reflect (Windows PE 3.0).

I would like it to only give me that option when I want to restore an image. But I get the boot option every time I boot up. It's not a big deal as it boots into Windows7 after about 4 seconds (unless, of course, I choose the Reflect boot).

I don't think I like that. How can I eliminate it?

Mel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Mel,

There may be another way but what I did to get rid of it was to load EasyBCD (free) and delete the entry from the BCD store.

BE CAREFUL YOU DELETE THE RIGHT ENTRY!

Of course if you have Boot Media and a recent Image you can always restore it!

HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am uneasy doing it that way. I also wonder if I am better off leaving it as is. In case I have an issue, I could immediately go to the Macrium loader. This is a bit confusing to me as to what to do

Mel

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I would return your PC to its original state and create a bootable Macrium recovery disk. If your PC needs to be recovered you may not be able to boot from the hard disk.

cheers, Paul

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Paul T:

I do have a recovery disk.

I am not sure how to return it to its previous state. How do I do this, short of restoring from an image.

Also, I am not sure whether or not I should try.
    It would seem to provide an extra layer of safety by having that option. It adds about 6 seconds to my boot time when I don't choose the boot menu item (about 1/2 second added if I just click on the W7 option).

Mel

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    To remove the boot menu try the steps in this support post.
    http://support.macrium.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3714

cheers, Paul

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

Fascist Nation (2015-07-11)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The default is to boot into Windows after x seconds, and you can change x to a low value such as 1 or 2. This is a minimal delay, but if you did want to boot into the recovery mode, you would have to be quick about it.

Once it is set up, change the value of x as follows: run MSCONFIG, select the Boot tab, enter the value you want in the Timeout box and then OK out of it.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. That was VERY helpful. I did change the Timeout from 10 seconds to 4 seconds and the link showed me where to find the option to delete the boot menu option.

Thanks
    I received a new "bug fix" patch for Macrium Reflect Free (6.0.708) today. Perhaps this will solve your issue?
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Pete:

I'll check, but I don't think I've described a bug. I suspect what I've described is how it operates.

Mel