Lounger
    Thanks

Will Windows 10 automatically install?

I am very concerned that Windows 10 will automatically install on my Windows 7 Pro Panasonic laptop.

These machines have special drivers for hardware such as the touch screens.

I was not happy with Microsoft putting a permanent notification on my machine about reserving W10. That re-appeared at the next re-boot, after deleting it. This forum provided the solution to that problem.

I now see on my Windows Update panel, "Windows 10 upgrade reserved".

I have never reserved the upgrade.

I have my updates set so that I'm advised they are available, so that I can update when (and IF) I want to upgrade.

Having Windows automatically update and thus slowing down my machine while doing an urgent activity, is most annoying. But having Windows 10 update automatically, without my permission is not acceptable.

Is there a way of stopping any automatic updates that Microsoft force on me?

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Landyman View Post
    I am very concerned that Windows 10 will automatically install on my Windows 7 Pro Panasonic laptop.

These machines have special drivers for hardware such as the touch screens.

I was not happy with Microsoft putting a permanent notification on my machine about reserving W10. That re-appeared at the next re-boot, after deleting it. This forum provided the solution to that problem.

I now see on my Windows Update panel, "Windows 10 upgrade reserved".

I have never reserved the upgrade.

I have my updates set so that I'm advised they are available, so that I can update when (and IF) I want to upgrade.

Having Windows automatically update and thus slowing down my machine while doing an urgent activity, is most annoying. But having Windows 10 update automatically, without my permission is not acceptable.

Is there a way of stopping any automatic updates that Microsoft force on me?
    1. All the Reserve does is download the installer for Win10. You will be notified once that is done THEN, it is up to the End User to, actually do the install when THEY choose; but, it must be done by 28/7/16. It does not Auto install.

2. Since you have 7 Pro your Win10 will, also, be Pro. Only Win10 Home version receives Auto Updates.