New Lounger
    Thanks

Creating whitelist for Outlook 2013?

Hi,

I'm using Win 7 Pro with Outlook 2013. I receive many many junk emails but would prefer to keep this email address. Rather than try to keep up with rules to stop junk mail I'd like to try moving all received mail into the junk folder and white list only those I'd like to receive email from. Anyone know how I'd go about doing this? Do I create a rule to move everything to junk and a separate rule for each address I wish to receive from, or is there some easier way to accomplish this task?

Thanks,

Norm

PS to avoid being spammed on my android phone & tablet how can I get them not to update/sync with my PC whenever I'm in WiFi range?

Thanks again!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Try Safe Lists Only at Junk E-mail Options: Using Outlook's Junk Mail filter

Or just a few rules with multiple addresses: Rules and Tools to Filter Junk Mail

If Outlook is filtering your inbox as emails arrive, then I don't think your phone or tablet would get them, if they only sync with the PC.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I've always found the Outlook spam filtering less than useful - I'm sure it's better in O2013. You could try a 3rd party spam filter like Mailwasher free, which can work at the server level before the mail arrives in Outlook.
    http://www.mailwasher.net/

cheers, Paul

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Another product to consider is SPAMfighter: http://www.spamfighter.com/SPAMfighter/Product_Info.asp