2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Change display font size

Recently re-org'd my windows display of directories/files. As a result my fonts have become TINY and icons nearly doubled in size. Tried changing text but it also changes icons which are already larger than before.
    I think I read there was a recent change from what I remember allowed me to change just the font size. Can anyone confirm this?
    My Win 8.1 desktop now has 4 rows of ginormous icons with fonts so small they are nearly unreadable. My eyes haven't changed that much in 12 hrs. Any way to fix this?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Spark,

Here's the dialog you want.
    DisplaySettings.JPG
    The ginormous icons are probably because of the top section.

You can use the dropdown at the bottom to change the text size for specific windows elements.

HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for helping. I tried that and that is how I got the 3 directory icon rows in lieu of 4, I had had. Then switching back to 100% & 1024x640 I get 4 rows but the font size is for me requiring 6" separation from screen to read with glasses.
    Seems like one now has to be at max resolution or it effects icon sizes and font sizes.
    If I step up to 1368x768 from the old 1024x640 it also effects sizes negatively font OK but icons are just to large to be accommodated on screen. It claims a need for 1268x900 but that does not exist so tried the max and KA-boom!! Screen splatter so dropped back down. Have always found the lower bit count more satisfying.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Oops, after reading what U said I returned to that location. Even re-reading it sounded like it would change font and icons but discovered it could be used as needed.