Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Question Help with WordPress upload question

Not getting anywhere with WP Support, documentation or Google, I'm returning to my tech saviors in this Lounge! Hope there's someone here who can answer what's really a WordPress issue on our site (www.mygoforthegreen.com).

Issue:

• mistakenly deleted the wrong course file from our server during a post-hack clean up
    • have made a couple of edits and re-retrieved correct course in zip format
    • I assume previous courses have been uploaded via WordPress Media Library as the URL reads: http://www.mygoforthegreen.com/media...rse113739.html
    • after lots of false starts (this had always been done by our site tech who is no longer with us), I figured I could upload zip file to Media Library and it would work
    • when it didn't (because it was a zip file, I think), I tried unzipping it and then uploading all the extracted files in WP Media
    • that resulted in numerous "invalid file type" error messages (although all these file types are on the server for an old course)

So, I'm stumped. I have the course in a zip folder but don't know how to get it onto the (paid content Start the Challenge) page where it used to be.

Also, I tried uploading the zip folder to our server via FileZilla. That worked: it unzipped all the files into the correct places on the server...but how to get them to work with the URL on the site (http://www.mygoforthegreen.com/media...rse113739.html).

I keep thinking there is a very simple explanation, but it is sure eluding me. Any suggestions will be most welcome! Please let me know if you need more information.

Hopefully,

Linda

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    UPDATE: I can't describe the fix here to help another Lounger, but did want to let the Lounge know that my issue is fixed. I used the chat feature with our ISP and she got it all done for me!

Only wish I'd thought to contact them earlier: comes from wanting to do it myself to learn how, but ended up just frustrating myself.

Thanks for reading my plea for help anyway!

Linda