Thanks

10166 Downloaded and Installed

Whatever it was in my Inspiron 580 that was choking 10162 evidently was just an appetizer for 10166. It installed smoothly and seems to be running quite well. Still have quite a bit of piddlin' and straightening up to do, but it is an upgrade, not a clean install, which is what I was after.

I'll get it neatened up with both accounts and make a fresh drive image.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Got the basics of each account regrouped. Edge still wants to open full screen, and I keep resizing it. It won't start on my page of choice, either, but beta.

Got a drive image going in the background, soon as it finishes I'm going to bed.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbearren View Post
    ...Edge still wants to open full screen, and I keep resizing it. It won't start on my page of choice, either...
    Have a play with the settings in Edge. I had to fiddle around a bit but was able to get Edge to start with the main Google search page.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Thanks
    The last couple of builds Edge had to be adjusted and resized for about three days before it would finally hold my preferences.

Another issue with this build is that I can access my home network through my standard user account, but not at all through my Admin account. I don't use Home Group, and have it disabled. "Diagnose" can't find the network at first, then it finds it, but has this PC name as a domain name when it asks for credentials, which gets nowhere.

July 29? Really?

Unleash Windows