Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unable to leave home group Win 7

Hi Forum Members I need some help please. Trying to leave the home group Windows says unable to do so. I have read many internet answers to this problem but none of them work. I have disabled Home group provider, home Group listener, home group provider, Peer to Peer networking all to no avail. It seems my Computer is part of a home Network. Why I don't know. Services.msc says home group is disabled. None of the Windows 7 commands resolve the issue. How do I connect to the internet but not as a Home group? I only have one Computer. No Home group is required. I do have a router in the line to serve as a Hardware Firewall. Should that matter? I am directly connected by wire to the router which is connected to the ISP modem by wire.
    Any help would be much appreciated. Regards Peter

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Peter,

A home group is not necessary to connect to the Internet. Home group is used to connect to and share resources on another computer connected to your router. You probably can't leave because you are not really in a home group. You would certainly need to have the home group services running to do anything with a home group. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you very much RetiredGeek. That explains it. Would have been nice for Windows to say that I am not in a home group therefore no need to exit something I was not a member in.
    Regards Peter