Thread: Uninstall Roxio

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Uninstall Roxio

My PC came with Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning DE Home installed. I rarely use this program and would like to remove it. I am unable to find an uninstaller anywhere in Control Panel or the program itself. Web searches did not turn up much else either regarding my exact product. The main executable is: Roxio_Central36.exe.

Would using Revo Uninstaller in Hunter mode be the best solution for removing this or another?

Thanks

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What a disappointment, Hunter mode requires an uninstall program. Now looking for another copy of the program so I can install it and then uninstall it. Not sure if it is on the Dell Drivers and Utilities CD or not. Somewhat afraid to use this CD as it wants to install something for some reason or other. Will also check the Dell support site for a download.

Thanks
    sometimes the programs directory contains an uninstall executable and some venders have a special uninstall utility.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wavy View Post
    sometimes the programs directory contains an uninstall executable and some venders have a special uninstall utility.
    Thanks for the reply. I found out where the uninstall exe is supposed to be, but the setup file is missing. Could not find any removal tool on the Roxio/Sonic website. I went to some backups, but could not find one with the setup file. Unfortunately my pristine backup was lost due to Macrium's new policy of not letting you keep more than 12 backups. My bad for not moving these into a new folder.

I will be doing a backup soon and then try the Dell CD mentioned earlier. If I cannot reinstall from there, I guess I will have to do a manual uninstall.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ldb View Post
    Unfortunately my pristine backup was lost due to Macrium's new policy of not letting you keep more than 12 backups. My bad for not moving these into a new folder.
    The default is 12, but it can be changed to a higher number by going to 'other tasks' and then 'edit defaults'. I've just changed mine to 50 and it stuck.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to access-mdb For This Useful Post:

ldb (2015-07-21)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ldb View Post
    What a disappointment, Hunter mode requires an uninstall program.
    I've used Iobit Uninstaller a few times when nothing else worked. It has a 'brute force' uninstall feature.

Thanks
    Found a link may not be the software you are using
    http://howto.corel.com/en/r/Complete..._DVD_Creator_6
    But first, do you have the install files? If so reinstall and then try the uninstall.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Created an image for backup. Tried the Dell CD, but the installer was not on there. Disappointed that Dell put this on my PC, but did not have the installer available for backup.

Used a program called Roxiozap1.0 which was written for Creator, but did get rid of some entries. Used some of the link provided by wavy to delete some of the left over files and some registry entries. There were also folders and registry entries with the title Sonic and Sure thing shared. Used Ccleaner to get rid of >1,000 registry entries along with another reg cleaner. One of the Ccleaner reg parameters required 3 passes to rid newly obsolete entries.

I think it is all gone.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ldb For This Useful Post:

Fascist Nation (2015-07-22)