Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Question HP OfficeJet Pro L7500 Series Won't Print

Have been unable to get the all-in-one to print all of a sudden.

I figured it must be the print queue (that happened before) and, sure enough, the documents (and test page) I was trying to print were there. I cleared the queue several times via Devices/Printers and Windows Troubleshooting, but still can't print. I turned printer off and on; restarted computer and cleared the queue again and again, but the thing won't print.

It is the default and it says it is "ready" and all is working as it should after clearing queue.

Does anyone have an idea of what's gone wrong? This started yesterday and I haven't added any software or upgraded anything.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Linda

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Normally this happens when the printer is set to use DHCP and the address changes, so your queue is pointing to the wrong IP address.
    Check that the IP on the printer is the same as the IP in the printer queue.
    1. Open the print queue.
    2. Select Printer > Properties > Ports.
    3. Expand the port column so you can see the IP address.
    4. Type the IP address into your browser address box and press Enter. You should now be connected to the printer.
    If you can't connect you will need to find the printer IP address. This can be done by connecting to your router by entering its IP address in the browser address box and viewing connected devices. Then you can change the printer port to the correct IP address.

cheers, Paul

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Paul, your answer made a lot of sense. I did find the correct tab in the print queue and found a whole bunch of ports listed (I'd never been in there before!). LPT1 Printer Port was checked but I could find no IP address. Since I couldn't quite figure out how to determine the IP address of my router, I poked around a bit in the Ports tab. Found one that said "USB001 Virtual Printer Port for USB HP OfficeJet Pro L7500 Series (Copy 1) fax, HP.

Well, I didn't notice the "fax" at the end so I checked it, clicked Apply...and I could print! Tested the document that had been refusing to print and a test Word document and both printed.

Does this make sense? Do I forget about whether or not it makes sense and leave well enough alone or should I continue with your instructions (if you can tell me how to find that router IP address)?

Will leave things as they are until you have time to post back.

For now, I just thank you hugely for helping me get the critical pages printed!

In appreciation,

Linda

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    LPT1 Printer Port
    Those ports are no longer seen on new computers of the last few years, old technology that lost out to the USB ports. Same for the printers. Looking at the newer Notebooks one sees they are getting thinner and lighter due to things being left out. Last new one I set up didn't even have a VGA port for a projector or external monitor, lost out to an HDMI port.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Berton For This Useful Post:

IreneLinda (2015-07-15)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IreneLinda View Post
    ...so I checked it, clicked Apply...and I could print!...
    That should be all you need to do.

Paul's #2 post assumes it is a network printer, but obviously it is connected via USB.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Assumptions make an ass out of u and me.

cheers, Paul

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, shows what I didn't know (network issue)! I would never call you an "ass", especially since "assume" is something so easy to do in technical matters!!

Thanks, Coochin. All seems to be working today, too. The queue is empty; I've printed a couple of documents - all's right in my printer world, thanks again to this wonderful Lounge and its fantastic residents!

Linda