Lounger
    Thanks

Repeated Temporary Freezes in Windows 8.1

My windows 8.1 system repeatedly freezes. The freezes are temporary, lasting between 15 and 60 seconds. I believe Microsoft refers to them as "generic freezes." I have scanned the web for advice and have tried a variety of fixes - to no avail. The fixes have included: updating my device drivers, CHKDSK on my system drive, registry cleaners, sfc /scannow, and App Troubleshooter. I have a fairly new computer, a Micro Express 25B, with lots of RAM and disk space. Any ideas or suggestions?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have that a lot too

killing a pdf I was reading helped once
    not sure what else is causing it

Quote Originally Posted by Smerling View Post
    My windows 8.1 system repeatedly freezes. The freezes are temporary, lasting between 15 and 60 seconds. I believe Microsoft refers to them as "generic freezes." I have scanned the web for advice and have tried a variety of fixes - to no avail. The fixes have included: updating my device drivers, CHKDSK on my system drive, registry cleaners, sfc /scannow, and App Troubleshooter. I have a fairly new computer, a Micro Express 25B, with lots of RAM and disk space. Any ideas or suggestions?

Lounger
    Thanks
    I took a look at Event Viewer and discovered VSS (Volume Shadow Copy Service) Event ID 12340. What can I do with this information? I Googled it but found nothing that seems to pertain to my situation.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Strange; I found this and it has to do with a Virtual Machine Configuration file.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...(v=ws.10).aspx