New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 10 Preview-No More

Hi
    My Win 10 preview just updated to what appears to be a Beta version.
    Microsoft appears to think they have just created a giant phone/tablet for my Desk.
    They also want a lot more information than i have ever given them before, so make sure you do not use default installations.
    One last thing-the previously free games are now for rent if you want the full versions.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    All the Win10 TPs are betas; from the 1st Build to the current, last, Build. The GA, non-beta, begins rolling out July 29th.

There is no concept of a cell phone or tablet on a Desktop. Win10 is very much Desktopcentric. It is a bit of a chameleon & adapts to various devices such that one Core will give an optimum experience for or on a particular device & across multiple devices. It is very much a Desktop experience on a Desktop.... tablet on tablet & phone on phone all in spite of being driven by 1 Platform.

If you are talking about the initial screens as the install competes, before 1st use... and comparing that in the last Build to the previous Builds, it is because this last Build is the RTM. It therefore has the things of a more finalised OS that is about to go into production rather than Builds that were part of a work in progress.

Your title is quite correct. There are no more Previews; we are currently w/ the last Build of the Tech Preview Builds that there will be, the betas are over.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Update: Windows 10 Pro.
    Not Beta!!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Drew.
    I have however been working on Computers since the DEC 11:34(very old).
    I like my PC to be a PC. Not happy with this. I think my other 2 will stay 7.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    If you are running Win10 before July 29th, then, YES, it IS a beta. As stated, the GA (non-beta) begins rolling out July 29th. And IF you are saying this due to no watermark, the last & final BETA Build has none.

Whatever & however you care to think, feel or perceive Windows 10 is, certainly, your prerogative.

I have used Wi10 for 10 months on a PC as a PC & am very happy w/ it as are countless others. Each to their own. Enjoy 7 for as long as possible.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    There is no concept of a cell phone or tablet on a Desktop.
    Not if you click on Tablet Mode in the Action Center.

Jerry

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Which one would not do on a Desktop.

Took this as more of the Win10 stinks rhetoric based on some misconception or hearsay, again. See lots of negative said based on lack of awareness or understanding or closed attitude

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    Which one would not do on a Desktop.

Took this as more of the Win10 stinks rhetoric based on some misconception or hearsay, again. See lots of negative said based on lack of awareness or understanding or closed attitude
    You might if you have a touch screen monitor.

Jerry