2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

where/what is HDD recovery area

I made a recovery flash drive with Macrium Reflect soon after getting this Toshiba C55-A5126 laptop.
    I just tried to use the Windows 8.1 system's recovery process but got a message "No HDD Recovery Area" cannot proceed.
    I then went to Disk management and there the system says I have a 1GB Healthy Recovery Partition.
    Is this a semantic difference between Area and Partition or is my system seriously demented?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Recovery Partition is a generic term for an area on the hard disk that helps in some sort of recovery process. There is no standard and each manufacturer does it their own way.
    Usually manufacturers load the Windows installation files and specific drivers in a recovery partition, but as yours is only 1GB it is unlikely that it contains all the Windows installation files.

cheers, Paul

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I think you should contact Toshiba Support about this as there should be a recovery option.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spark55 View Post
    I made a recovery flash drive with Macrium Reflect soon after getting this Toshiba C55-A5126 laptop.
    I just tried to use the Windows 8.1 system's recovery process but got a message "No HDD Recovery Area" cannot proceed.
    I then went to Disk management and there the system says I have a 1GB Healthy Recovery Partition.
    Is this a semantic difference between Area and Partition or is my system seriously demented?
    Does your first sentence have any relation to what followed?
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    wavy, be nice please, spark55 can be a little confusing to read but we get there.

cheers, Paul

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

spark55 (2015-07-26)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    wavy, be nice please, spark55 can be a little confusing to read but we get there.

cheers, Paul
    Did not mean to be rude in any way. Maybe I am a little slow but I was trying to understand, I am thinking now that maybe spark55 was just assuring us that he had a backup! Hopefully Toshiba CS was of help.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post

cheers, Paul
    I get accused of being a bit confusing myself sometimes ....
    David