Star Lounger
    Thanks

After login, Win7 screen remains blue

Setting up a new desktop W7 Pro.

Everything works fine, except that when I enter my password the blue sign-in screen remains (on my old system, the blue screen would be replaced by the desktop view with all my icons, etc.).

How do I get W7 to automatically move from the blue screen to the desktop screen?

Thanks for any advice!

Alan

P.S. - I checked CC Cleaner and it shows Chrome and a one or 2 other things in Startup.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I'm not sure if booting up into the Advanced boot options (tapping F8 as you switch on) and select Last Known Good Config would work if it has always hung, but selecting Repair your Computer then navigate to the Recovery Environment and Startup Repair may be able to do something for you.

If it once booted up okay after logging in, you could also use the Restore Point option which you can also choose on your way to navigating to the RE.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudo15 For This Useful Post:

AlanB1 (2015-07-19)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Sudo.

I think I've figured it out and I'm good now. (When I was setting this new PC up yesterday I neglected to add a picture to let me know that indeed I have successfully logged on).

Alan

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Glad you were able to get that sorted and thanks for the update.

I don't bother with log in passwords so that will never affect me, but perhaps you could explain what you should have done as that can help others.