3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No grab or minimize points in Win7 Pro screen?

No grab or minimize points of W7 pro screen?

Is this correctable?

Please see image below:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    That's a file select screen, what Desktop font % are you using?

Thanks
    Move mouse pointer over screen border until you see it change to double-headed arrow, then press and hold left mouse button and drag window border to where you want. Have a play with it.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Satrow & Coochin,

Thanks for the quick replies.

Tried, played around to get vert arrow .
    Using default 100%, but tried 125% & 150%.
    No grab point [image below] ever appears.

None worked.

See reduced window from W7 pro laptop, Outlook 2003 below that works:

I was trying to inset an image into an email with the Outlook 2003 using "insert"

Another problem surfaced: Laptop won't display images no matter what "format" selected from DD. Desktop displays images in all "formats".

Thanks
    By default, the last 'x' manually saved files from your current Windows session should be already populated in the file name dropdown.

It's possible to block showing icons as images from within Explorer, can you test by using Explorer to switch a folder to show large/extra large icons?

Check that Outlook doesn't have an equivalent setting that's overriding the default. Dragging the edge should work by default, unless it's already minimum size.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satrow View Post
    By default, the last 'x' manually saved files from your current Windows session should be already populated in the file name dropdown.

It's possible to block showing icons as images from within Explorer, can you test by using Explorer to switch a folder to show large/extra large icons?

Check that Outlook doesn't have an equivalent setting that's overriding the default. Dragging the edge should work by default, unless it's already minimum size.
    satrow,

Thanks, I was able to get the images to appear as you suggested, never had to fuss with those chk boxes in 25 yr of Win.
    Guess I was lucky.

That window is probably at it's max because I accidentally "in the press of business" with many screens up and 4 deadlines closing in.
    Since that's the case how do I minimize it? Note image below, it shows maximized even though it's inside a larger window.

"Sounds like something a politician would say or design." I think you helped me before as I remember your handle.

Thanks
    I don't 'do' Office, it's not installed on any of the machines here.

Better to check Explorer settings and then check that settings in the Office applications aren't clashing with them. If Exploerer checks out fine and you don't see any override in Office, it might be better to ask in the Office section of the Lounge (or PM a mod/admin to move this there).

Mistakes can be easy to make, especially when using dropdowns + mouse; a modification could be made to a link under the dropdown item selection with just a twitch of the finger.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satrow View Post
    I don't 'do' Office, it's not installed on any of the machines here.

Better to check Explorer settings and then check that settings in the Office applications aren't clashing with them. If Exploerer checks out fine and you don't see any override in Office, it might be better to ask in the Office section of the Lounge (or PM a mod/admin to move this there).

Mistakes can be easy to make, especially when using dropdowns + mouse; a modification could be made to a link under the dropdown item selection with just a twitch of the finger.
    Thanks again,

I didn't know there was a office section, but I'll take your advice & post it there tomorrow.