5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 7 imaging and data backups

I have been using Windows 7 Create a System Image on one of my Windows 7 laptop computer which has been working out fine

The other day I started to do so on my other Windows 7 laptop computer but I ended doing both the System Image as well as the data backup and I like that procedure
    --- However does that mean that I can restore just the data if I want to without have to restore the image also?
    --- I suspect that is possible but I need expert guidance on whether or not that is the case

Then on my data, I also use a copy/past procedure to save my data in a separate folder on my external hard drive using a batch file. The reason I do that is because if restoring the system image/data procedure runs into a problem for whatever reason runs into a problem, getting my copied/pasted data onto another computer or hard drive is more than easy enough in my mind.
    --- When I graduated from XP to Windows 7 all I did was get my Windows 7 up and running into it's pristine condition and imaged it as such.
    --- Then put my copied/pasted data into appropriate libraries
    --- BTW, I also save the copied/pasted data onto a 32GB flash drive and on my retired off-line XP computer
    --- Ok my question is, is there a program I can use to do what I do with my batch file?
    --- Although I like using the batch file, I'd like to consider an application that will do that

Thanks
    The other day I started to do so on my other Windows 7 laptop computer but I ended doing both the System Image as well as the data backup and I like that procedure
    --- However does that mean that I can restore just the data if I want to without have to restore the image also?
    --- I suspect that is possible but I need expert guidance on whether or not that is the case
    Yes you can. See this How To Geek article:

http://www.howtogeek.com/125704/how-...-image-backup/

Jerry

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

cmptrgy (2015-07-20)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    "Ok my question is, is there a program I can use to do what I do with my batch file?"
    Now why would I ask such a "duh" question I don't know.
    Using my batch file system is still engrained in me and I didn't take the time to realize my WD external HDD will do that. Problem solved. Issues are solved.