New Lounger
    Thanks

"Win 7 OEM would like it on two hdd so I can boot from both"

"I have Win 7 64bit. I have C 500g D 350g plenty free of space. CAN I make both
    drives boot ? So when win 10 is ready I can download to D drive and dual boot. I want to check It out. thanks

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ocalabarry49 View Post
    I have Win 7 64bit. I have C 500g D 350g plenty free of space. CAN I make both
    drives boot ? So when win 10 is ready I can download to D drive and dual boot. I want to check It out. thanks
    Legally speaking, the OEM license allows installation only once and it stays with the computer it is first installed on. A second installation, even though on the same hardware, may run afoul of that. Might check the EULA/End User License Agreement about that. Also involved could be the dual-boot process that probably will get messed up with the Win10 install.

Thanks
    Legality aside, yes, its possible. Clone C to D, physically disconnect D, update C to W10, reconnect D and use Easy BCD to create the dual boot. W10 will be on C. If you want W10 on D, before downloading Easy BCD and setting up the dual boot, swap the SATA connectors between the hard drives and C will become D and vice versa. (You could do it in the bios, but swapping the connectors is easier.)

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/easybcd.html

(It worked with W7/8, so it should work with W10)

If you just wanted to check it out, it would have been easier to install the W10 preview in a virtual machine. Unfortunately that boat has now sailed.

Super Moderator
    Thanks