New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Saving a .png file in Word 2007

Hi This is my first post in the Lounge, so be kind to me if this is an old question, just kindly direct me to the answer. I am old guy who likes to save Windows Secrets page on my computer(win7 Ultimate) and then when I want to do something I print them off and refer to each step from my hard copy. Lately there has been a lot about Win 10 that I need to do.

My question : When I try to copy and paste a column from my email, all the photos don't copy because they are .png files, Is there any way to download the articles without saving each .png file in my photos and then reinserting them into the word file ?

Thanks

dubjohnny

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Use the newsletter archive page to find the article you want to save and print (or complete newsletter) in your web browser.

Then save that web page as a single file (.mht) which can be opened from Word 2007 complete with images.

I just tested this with the current newsletter; it's only 3MB complete.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    A note: I think saving a Web page as the .mht format exists only in Internet Explorer, certainly not in Firefox. Saving a page as Complete also creates a Folder of the same name with _files added to it.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    A note: I think saving a Web page as the .mht format exists only in Internet Explorer, certainly not in Firefox.
    Firefox apparently still needs an extension, and Chrome has a flag to enable: How to save a webpage as a (PDF or) MHT file

Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    Saving a page as Complete also creates a Folder of the same name with _files added to it.
    That's Webpage, complete (*.htm,*.html), not Web Archive, single file (*.mht).