Thanks

Making a mailing list

I'm looking for suggestions on how to handle / make / distribute an email list with over 200 names. The name are all in an excel spread sheet and so are the email addresses. Currently I just have the email addresses in a text document, but trying to find one that needs a change to it, is well a P.I.T.A.... I want to put something together that would be easy to change when those were necessary, and easy for someone to import into either Outlook, or Gmail if they want to too.
    I thought about just listing the names in an Word Doc then hyperlinking the email address and calling it good, but I know there has got to be a little more professional way of doing a stand alone address book. I don't relish the idea of adding that many names to my Outlook Address book then sending that....
    Looking for ideas...

Thanks

John
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I do all my mailing lists in Outlook. It has all the functionality I want and connects the concept of a mailing list to the ability to execute that mailing list. I can also export the mailing list any time I want.

The export functions in Outlook 2010 are in a pretty bizarre place though, be warned about that. Once you know where it is the problem goes away, it's finding it in the first place:

File | Open | Import | Export...

I'm sure that GMail, Thunderbird and the other e-mail clients have basically similar functionality too.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    i use word

format the doc for labels

one n/a per label
    but i reserve one in the corner to id the list
    and to number the sheets used for all the names

easy enough to delete add change as needed
    since this is only 200 names this woudl be the easiest approach

you are looking at maybe 5-7 sheets
    but even if 10-20 it is still easy to do it this way

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ntlikly View Post
    I want to put something together that would be easy to change when those were necessary, and easy for someone to import into either Outlook, or Gmail if they want to too.
    John
    A .csv file would fit all those requirements. Just do a "Save As" to save it as csv file.
    When you go to edit it, just make sure it opens in Excel, which by default most computers do anyway.