New Lounger
    Thanks

create boot option to restore image using macrium; lost bluetooth

i used macrium reflect to create an option in the boot menu that would replace having to create a boot disc. after i did this, i lost the functionality of my bluetooth mouse. i am not sure why. i want to restore my bluetooth functionality if possible. thank you , marcelp

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Does the mouse have its own transceiver or are you using the computer's built in transceiver ?

I'd have a look in Device Manager/View/Show hidden devices and look for any yellow alerts or red crosses.

I don't know why Macrium should have taken out your mouse.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    The Notebooks I've dealt with that have had Bluetooth had it as part of the Wireless/Wi-Fi adapter, if the Wireless doesn't work neither will Bluetooth, I have 3 that way. I have also seen possible for only the Bluetooth part to fail. Some Desktops may have it as part of Wireless if included on them but usually need a dongle for a USB port for them.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    Does the mouse have its own transceiver or are you using the computer's built in transceiver ?

I'd have a look in Device Manager/View/Show hidden devices and look for any yellow alerts or red crosses.

I don't know why Macrium should have taken out your mouse.

i am using the computers built in transceiver
    device manager/view regular files: all the bluetooth devices: normal
    device manager/ hidden files: there are 2 bluetooth enumerators (microsoft) : "not connected" one of these is an le enumerator

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    The Notebooks I've dealt with that have had Bluetooth had it as part of the Wireless/Wi-Fi adapter, if the Wireless doesn't work neither will Bluetooth, I have 3 that way. I have also seen possible for only the Bluetooth part to fail. Some Desktops may have it as part of Wireless if included on them but usually need a dongle for a USB port for them.
    wifi works fine

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    There are a number of trouble shooting steps in this article https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/e...less-bluetooth but you'll probably have to reinstall it.