Thanks

Image For Windows v2.97c Made Available 7-25

TeraByte's Image For Windows has an update available, v2.97c. This newest version has some new automation features. I haven't tried those, but I just made an image of my Windows 10 Pro partition (60GB, 19.2GB free), and it seems to be faster. Standard compression image (about 2 : 1) and byte-for-byte verification in 12 minutes, plus you can keep using Windows while it creates the image.

If you're already licensed, the upgrade is free. Retail is $38.94 US.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Okay, now I'm impressed. I've been piddlin' with Windows 10 and have had to restore an image a couple or three times back to known good, and the first restore was 3:26, I forgot to note the time on the second and third, but the last was 3:25. I thought my previous best of 6 minutes was fast...

Part of that speed is due to a small OS partition of 60GB, all my data and most of my programs located on other partitions/drives.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    I pooched Windows 10 again, and had to do another restore. The image I restored had been made after I had deleted the Windows.old and Windows.old(1) and ran extended cleanmgr.exe. The restore was 2:10.

I ran Windows Update on the freshly restored Windows 10, then put back a couple of personalizations that got wiped by the restore and then made a fresh image of my Windows 10 partition. The OS occupies 22.2GB of a 60GB partition. Full image at normal compression with byte-for-byte validation took 5:25.

This upgrade is quicker at both ends, and I'm well pleased.

Unleash Windows

Thanks
    @ Bruce

Just downloaded BootItBM (includes ImageForDOS) v1-31c 25 July 2015.

I have had best results with ImageForDOS as I often need to image customers' OS partitions.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coochin View Post
    @ Bruce

Just downloaded BootItBM (includes ImageForDOS) v1-31c 25 July 2015.

I have had best results with ImageForDOS as I often need to image customers' OS partitions.
    I have the full suite as well. IFD and IFW create identical image files, and images made by each can be restored by the other. On my dual boot machines (main PC and Dell E5420 laptop) I usually just boot to the other side and run IFW from there. I also have and use a TBWinRE USB stick which is a great tool for troubleshooting, imaging/restoring, etc.

Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbearren View Post
    I pooched Windows 10 again, .
    You are the MAN BB!!

Last edited by wavy; 2015-08-02 at 13:58. Reason: gr
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.