New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 10 burning a new DVD

I understand that once I have upgraded to Win 10 I'll be able to burn the operating system to a DVD.
    Will I be able to use this DVD to upgrade the other PC's in my house hold, Wife, daughter, granddaughter or do I have to download for each PC individually?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    If you have install media it can be used on any machine for the same Windows SKU (i.e. Home or Pro).

Joe

Thanks
    MS may, at some point, release an ISO file which can be burned to DVD with the appropriate software. As yet, there is no information about when, or even if this will happen. Each PC must, therefore, be upgraded via Windows Update. Even if you created an ISO file from the downloaded files, you would still need individual activation codes for each installation.
    Last edited by Calimanco; 2015-07-28 at 11:03.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, This will make a very long process, I have about 15 people counting on me to help them with this upgrade.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    The timing is up in the air for ISO files. Microsoft has already said ISO files will be available. If you want to use an ISO file just wait. There is no need to rush to upgrade.

Joe