Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Wood Roundup file

Can Zeddy or someone help me with the attached file to now make it Office 2010 compatible? (I left feedback on the original post but didn't get a reply) I've upgraded from Office 2003 since the attached version was done. I really like the layout and would like to utilize it with the 2010 upgrade. Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hi

..I didn't see the feedback???

..but here's the 2010 version, half the size of the 2003.
    Glad you liked it!
    ..any issues, post back here.

zeddy
    •Fence Investigator

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zeddy For This Useful Post:

k32rem (2015-07-30)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks so much! I will download and give it a test drive and let you know how it works!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Wood Roundup file

Okay, it looks like the dates are not translating properly over to the "week" column on the Delivery Log tab. The dates are entered properly on the Calendar tab, but instead of using Thursday to Wednesday as the week, it's using Sunday to Saturday. Also, I deleted the irrelevant addresses on the Supplier tab and added the rest of those we do use. Then I discovered the "Add new supplier" button on the Delivery Log tab, so it looks like my doing that messed things up. Now when I click on the address label on the Weekly Supplier Report tab, the names come up randomly and mostly don't match what I've selected from the table that pops up on the right. Sorry about that! I'm sure you can fix my goof up, and I thank you in advance for that! I really look forward to being able to use this file every week.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hi

..I'll have a look at this, and will post an updated file when done.
    This may take a few days, but it's on my list.

zeddy
    •Wood Turbine Winder

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hi

..so I fixed up the address stuff.
    ..and I changed the formulas for the Week number to match Thu to Wed as requested.
    ..and I tidied up the buttons.

Please let me know if this works OK now.

zeddy
    •Excel Protocol Engineer

(..I was going to be a tree surgeon, but I faint at the sight of sap.)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zeddy For This Useful Post:

k32rem (2015-08-06)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Okay, I love it that I can now print the Weekly Totals report and don't have to print a report for each person. And the week number on the Delivery Log is working perfectly. I can now pull up the suppliers properly on the Weekly Supplier Report (thanks for fixing my mess), but for some reason it brings up the supplier's total for the year, not just the weekly figures. If I were a betting person, I would bet that looks like the only glitch left. Fingers crossed! Thanks again for all your help!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I didn't see this at first, but the dates still are bringing up the incorrect week number on the Weekly Supplier Report tab (they're coming up correctly on the Delivery Log and Weekly Totals tabs). The dates are entered properly on the Calendar tab, but for some reason they're not coming up as such on the Weekly Supplier Report tab. It's wanting to make the date from Monday through Sunday for the week.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hi

..I'll fix the glitches and post back early next week.
    I'm in a busy period at the moment.
    Please be Patient.

zeddy
    •Excel Minor Injuries Unit

12. The Following User Says Thank You to zeddy For This Useful Post:

k32rem (2015-08-13)

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hi

Apologies for late response. I would say "my bad", but I reserve that expression for when I drop someone's baby accidentally on their head. So I'll just say
    oops!

Please see attached updated file.
    I just changed the formulas in column [H] on the sheet [Weekly Supplier Report] to be the same as those I put in column [H] on the sheet [Delivery Log]

Please let me know if this fixes it for you.

zeddy
    •Excel Cardiologist Prey Locator
    Last edited by zeddy; 2015-08-14 at 10:58.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Okay, after I sent my last post I realized I had never told you that our fiscal year goes from the 1st of October to the 30th of September. I didn't think it would be a big deal to change the starting date myself on the calendar since it appeared doing that caused all the rest of the dates to fall in line. Our fiscal year 2015 actually began on September 25 for since the check would be cut after October 1, so I entered the starting date of 10/02/2014. I don't know if just changing the starting date on the calendar messed up other things I wouldn't know about or what happened but it surely goofed me all up again. So can you fix the starting date on the calendar to 10/02/2014 and see what happens on your end? Also, it appeared the Weekly Supplier Report was working good when I opened the file since it showed just a week's worth of logs for one of our vendors (Klondike). But when I clicked on the label to bring up another vendor, it brought up the vendor with dates outside of that one week. I'm attaching the file (renamed) so you can see what I mean. Sorry this is becoming such a problem!

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hi

It's a case of understanding how the Tool currently works. First of all, you can see all the entered records for any chosen Supplier by using the [Filters On/OFF] button on sheet tab [Delivery Log], and selecting the Supplier from the dropdown in column [A]. Ditto, you can use the filters to review any selected Hauler/Crew etc etc.

Changing the starting date to 02-Oct-2014 in cell [A2] on sheet tab named [Calendar] is OK. This will set your Week 1. These date columns are formatted to adjust to local region setting automatically (you use mm/dd/yyy whereas UK uses dd/mm/yyyy). So your Week 1 will start whenever you choose, according to what you enter in cell [A2] on sheet tab named [Calendar] .

The sheet tab [Year Report] previously showed calendar monthly totals, starting from Jan to Dec, with the annual Total in the last column. To show the months by Fiscal year, as per the attached example file, it is simply a case of adjusting the month entries in the range [B10] to [M10] on both sheets [Year Report] and [Year Loads]. Have a look at this in the attached file to see what I did. If you look at the formulas below row 10 on these sheets, you will see that the results shown in each cell, use whatever is in the corresponding month cells above, specified in row 10 .

Now, for the [Weekly Supplier Report], there is a checkbox near cell [G4] which allows you to choose to display records for historical weeks or not. If you select another Supplier by clicking the Label, then ALL historical records entered for that particular Supplier will be shown first. If you don't want to see the historical records, simply uncheck the checkbox shown near cell [G4]. You can also decide what Week you want to see, either by clicking the [select current week] button, or using the Week clicker buttons.

Does this clear it up for you?
    Please let us know.

zeddy
    •Excel Sequels Server

16. The Following User Says Thank You to zeddy For This Useful Post:

k32rem (2015-08-19)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the explanation for how this file works. And it is performing beautifully, now that I understand it better! It turns out the program our company is promoting doesn't follow our Fiscal Year, but the Calendar Year, so I switched the date back to January 1, 2015, which was no problem. Will that affect the data on the "Year Report" and "Year Loads" tabs since you have them staring in October? I'm not sure it is set to pick up October through December for this year the way it is now. Another question - What drives the date in cell A8 of the Weekly Supplier Report? It doesn't match up with the "as at Week" number. Other than that, I'm loving how everything works and I'm ready to impress my employer with numbers he doesn't even know he wants or needs yet. Thanks SO much!!! All of you "Lounge" people are the greatest!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    p.s. Concerning the dates on the "Year Reports" and "Year Loads", I was able to change the dates on row 10 myself, so that's fixed, as far as I can tell.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hi

Top marks for making the date changes in row 10, putting it back to Calendar year layout.

Re: cell [A8] on sheet [Weekly Supplier Report]
    The date is driven by the week clickers
    If you right-click on the 'clickers', then look at 'Format Control', you'll see that the 'cell link' is a named range weekNumberCell
    ..so the formula in cell [A8] should refer to this named range weekNumberCell rather than G4
    So please change the formula in cell [A8]to
    =TEXT(INDEX(Calendar!A2:A53,weekNumberCell),"mm/dd/yyyy to ")&TEXT(INDEX(Calendar!C2:C53,weekNumberCell), "mm/dd/yyyy")
    ..good spot!

zeddy
    •Excel Mistaker Fixer
    Last edited by zeddy; 2015-08-19 at 16:00.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to zeddy For This Useful Post:

k32rem (2015-08-20)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast