Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Driver

New Lounger
    Thanks

Post Driver

Okay you have helped me so much and i really Thank you so very much.I have another problem i was using Driver max it is a program that updates drivers and when i did this it worked super for to up dates then i updated my sound driver and when i did this it down loaded and then crashed the computer ,i did this 4 times and every time the same and to top it all off it took my old driver off so now i have no sound what so ever.The sound card driver goes buy this name
    SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio If you will please tell me how i can fix this i have been all over the net and down loaded so dang many things that said they would fix and down load this driver and i even ran a scan and the scan said it was there but how can that be when the volume control panel is missing accept the balance control .there was like 8 parts and now only the one. If you can not help me can you steer me to someone that can i would really love to be able to listen to my music and watch my videos lol .Thank you again for all the help you have given me.

If you have an answer to this please help [email address removed] Thanks again guys and girls
    Last edited by satrow; 2015-07-29 at 02:21. Reason: Removed email address.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Rule 1: Do NOT use driver update programs, they're bad m'kay.
    Rule 2: Do not update drivers unless you have a problem with one that the manufacturer says can be fixed with a new driver.

Open Device Manager and un-install the sound card. Reboot the PC and let Windows re-install the driver. If that doesn't work let us know.
    Also check the PC manufacturer website for a driver.

cheers, Paul

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If Windows doesn't reinstall it, you could also try your restore points back to before you let Driver Max at it.

In Device Manager/Sound can you right click on it, select Properties and under the Details tab use the dropdown to select Hardware Ids.

There'll be a VEN & DEV No. highlighted similar to mine HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0272&SUBSYS_1179FFB4& REV_1000 which you can right click on and select copy to paste into the reply box.

From this, those details can be put into http://www.pcidatabase.com/ to correctly ID the driver.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    If Windows doesn't reinstall it, you could also try your restore points back to before you let Driver Max at it.

In Device Manager/Sound can you right click on it, select Properties and under the Details tab use the dropdown to select Hardware Ids.

There'll be a VEN & DEV No. highlighted similar to mine HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0272&SUBSYS_1179FFB4& REV_1000 which you can right click on and select copy to paste into the reply box.

From this, those details can be put into http://www.pcidatabase.com/ to correctly ID the driver.
    I already try the restore point and it would not restore and i really do not know why.Anyway how do i fing out where there Device manger is i have no idea I am pretty new at this stuff.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Restore points can be blocked by an AV program and the workaround to that is to boot up into Safe Mode.

With <= Win 7 that is usually done by tapping F8 as you switch on and then use the cursor keys to select that mode and press enter.

You haven't said which version of Windows you are using but for Win 7 to navigate to the Device Manager, go Start or press the Windows key - type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

Click on the arrow to the left of Sound, video and game controllers then right click on the SoundMAX and select Properties.

Under the Details tab use the dropdown and click on Hardware Ids and that will show the highlighted VEN & DEV Nos. which you can right click on and select Copy.

Right click in the reply box and select Paste, but see if Safe Mode will work for the restore points first.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    Restore points can be blocked by an AV program and the workaround to that is to boot up into Safe Mode.
    To add to that, infections such as a virus or malware can also damage restore points but leave them visible to make the User think it's still possible. By doing so it keeps the infections from being cleaned up by the programs that should be stopping them.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Soundmax is Intel's onboard audio. You don't say what OS or what MB so:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...20_PV_CNXT.exe

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fascist Nation For This Useful Post:

cmptrgy (2015-07-29)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have Windows XP and i have tried about everything but i am not savoy at this i was at one time but i was away form any computer for 8 years .Thank you very much.Oh and i tried to restore though the safe mode and it did not work.What is a AV program .as i said i am pretty dumb and just learning this stuff all over again .I intend to buy a new computer but that is some time away like next june or july .in the mean time i have to live with this piece of junk lol Oh and i tried the device manager and it would not let me right click and copy .again i do not know why maybe it is because this is so old.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have Windows XP i hope you can help with this lol i have tried what other mebers and told me and nothing seams to work .

Thanks
    Ricky, we need to approach the forest of computer stuff one clump of trees at a time. I lost track - what Windows OS is on your computer? What firewall program is active? What antivirus program is active? What antispy/mal-ware programs are active?
    It's ok to know next to nothing when one first starts out; it's not ok to download and run anything/everything one finds on the internet -- that can and will come back to cause a haunted forest.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Okay i have Windows XP and i have AVG VIRUS AND MALWARE and I guess I have WINDOWS FIREWALL I really am not sure. I do not down load just anything i was on cnet looking for a program that would load newer netgear drive and Driver Max had a 5 star rating so i chose it i also have trouble with my Netgear wifi device but that is nothing compared to this one.I do not know why Drive Max could not load the new Driver i updated a few before i tried that one and booom it would not load and, my computer crashed not once but 4 times and yes i tried to load the darn driver 4 times lol Anyway here is hoping you guys can help i have tried everything people have had me do with no luck as i said i am going to buy a new computer next June or July as i am retired because of my heath problems i e had 10 heart attacks lol i am good now .and i sure you know money is not all that great when all you get is iss or is it ssi anyway i know you do not want to here all this junk just though the others should no i have very limited amount of money to spend so i have to try and fix this myself with the help of others.Again Thank you to all.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Malwarebytes sorry thats my anti malware and spy ware

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Here is a screen shot and i was wondering if i can reinstall the driver that way it is telling me there is an updated drive on windows i can get but i was not sure if i should do this in case i really miss this up.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Here is a screen shot and i was wondering if i can reinstall the driver that way it is telling me there is an updated drive on windows i can get but i was not sure if i should do this in case i really miss this up. Sound Max driver 1000.jpg

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    That screen shot shows the driver is installed. If the sound is working I would not change anything.

cheers, Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast