Thread: Confused again

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Confused again

Hi. Have Win 8.1 Home I think its called Home. Read Woody's post this morning on " Ask Woody" and towards the end of the article he made it sound like Win 10 doesn't have mouse useage? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere it will? Can someone confirm this for me as I don't have a touch screen and use a mouse for my Win 8.1. Am not getting Win 10 until there is an all clear and maybe not even then Im happy with Win 8.1 for what I use it for: email, Web searches, Messenger, pictures and that's really it pretty much.

drdoo2
    Thanks

Thanks
    Win10 certainly does have mouse support, and in fact in my opinion is easier to use than Win8.1.

However, you might want to stick with Win8.1 for a few months; there are still remaining problems to be sorted out.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Coochin ur always a big help. Yea, from what I've read it should be better but, for what I use a pc for I'm very happy with 8.1. It seems to get bad mouthed alot.

Thanks
    drdoo2

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I'm intrigued by what you read from Woody today. Using a mouse was his number one reason to upgrade to Windows 10 in today's article:

1. Better navigation for mousers

Maybe I’m the only one to notice or care, but navigation in Windows 10 using a mouse and keyboard has improved so much, I’d be tempted to upgrade to Windows 10 for the additional help in organizing.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/295...0.html#slide11
    Last edited by BruceR; 2015-07-30 at 07:45.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Bruce. I missed that link somehow. I read Ask Woody and the newsletter when it has something everyday plus Info World or Info Tech. Alot to keep up with.
    drdoo2/Pat