New Lounger
    Thanks

OWA (Exchange webmail) won't attach files in W10

We see a strange problem in W10: using OWA (Outlook Web App) to connect to an Exchange email account, we are unable to attach a file to a message. This is true no matter which browser we use. My guess is it has something to do with the file system handler. Clicking on the paperclip icon should display a file selection window, which comes from Explorer. I've seen some W10 file system problems already posted which leads me to that guess. Anyone else notice this, or can you try this if you have an Exchange email account somewhere?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I believe the OWA attachment function requires Silverlight, and I don't think that's included with Windows 10.

If you try downloading and installing Silverlight, I think the paperclip will come alive.

That was certainly the solution for the same issue on my wife's MacBook:

outlook web app will not add attachments

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Cool! thank you, we'll try that.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    What version of OWA? From does anyone know what technology is behind office web apps:

"Outlook Web Access was the very first AJAX application, and it duplicated the functionality of the desktop version of Outlook admirably. Microsoft has taken much the same approach in crafting Web-based versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote, but modern improvements in browser technology have made for an even more polished user experience.

"Web Apps" is the official branding for the online versions of the Office suite, and the name fits. These are real, standards-based Web applications -- no Silverlight or ActiveX controls required. You don't even need Internet Explorer, but you do need a modern browser.
    (while) Microsoft won't formally support Chrome or Opera, but reps say current versions of those browsers will probably work, too."

Joe