New Lounger
    Thanks

A few upgrade questions

I will be upgrading from 64-bit W8.1 Pro to 64-bit W10 Pro in the near future. A few questions:-

1) I run 64-bit W8.1 Pro on a ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe motherboard. I dont have a graphics nor sound card since I use the on-board graphics and audio functions on the board. This works very well for me at the moment. Might there be any issues with this set-up when I upgrade to W10 Pro?

2) W8.1 is installed on a 128GB SSD in UEFI mode with secure boot and fast boot enabled. Might there be any issues with this set-up when I upgrade to W10 Pro? All my data resides on separate HDDs and a RAID Array.

3) Do I need to disable my Anti Virus system (Norton version 22.5.2.15) before I upgrade to W10?

4) On my C drive I have, as usual, two folders: Program Files and Program Files (x86). I have a mixture of 32-bit and 64-bit applications. Will the upgrade to W10 preserve all my applications or might the 32-bit ones be deleted?

Many thanks for any enlightenment.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    1.) Should be OK.

2.) Should be OK.

3.) I would just to be safe. Make sure your A/V is compatible with Win10. May need an update.

4.) All should be preserved. Some Windows installer routines may kick in the first time you use some programs in Win10 but that is OK.

Joe

Thanks
    My upgrade experience confirms Joe's answers.

The upgrade automatically disabled my Norton Security Suite and enabled Windows defender. I also got an Action center message that a Norton update was available. For now, I uninstalled Norton.

Jerry

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    My upgrade experience confirms Joe's answers.

The upgrade automatically disabled my Norton Security Suite and enabled Windows defender. I also got an Action center message that a Norton update was available. For now, I uninstalled Norton.

Jerry
    It is a smart choice to remove Norton as they claim that their antivirus software is compatible with Windows 10 but there are still some issues with them. See the following:
    http://community.norton.com/en/blogs...orton-products
    http://community.norton.com/en/forum...ows-10-support
    http://community.norton.com/en/forum...on-no-solution
    Last edited by np-7930; 2015-07-30 at 19:28.